Languages  A-A+ Text Size
Search Site

We prefer the phrase "Triple Zero" over "Triple Oh" because of potential confusion when using alphanumeric keypads which could cause people to incorrectly dial "666" in an emergency, not Triple Zero (000).

Register your burn-off

To ensure that the fire services are aware of your planned burn, you need to provide ESTA with prior notification.  You can do this in a number of ways:
  1. Phone 1800 668 511 and provide the required information OR
  2. Complete the Burn-off Notification Form and email the form to OR
  3. Send the form to ESTA by fax on 1300 674 428
  4. National Relay Service users can ring 1300 555 727 and ask for the information to be relayed to ESTA via 1800 668 511
Notifying ESTA about planned burns prevents unnecessary fire brigade response.  The details are logged into our CAD system, so that callers reporting an actual fire can be advised that the fire is a planned burn.  If this can't be verified, a fire brigade will be notified.  It also helps if you let your neighbours know of your planned burn.
Important note: Some information that you provide may be displayed on the CFA's website.  This may include the street name and area where the planned burn you are registering will take place.  This information may be shared using the CFA, DSE and MFB websites at the time of ignition, as well as CFA iPhone application and internal incident management systems.

For further information, please visit the CFA website about burning off.
ESTA Calltaker

"ESTA cannot send help if it doesn't know where the emergency is - knowing your location is essential"

Last updated 29th December, 2015
Emergency Service Organisations
CFAAmbulanceMetro FireVictoria PoliceState Emergency Service
| | | | |
| | | |
Victorian Government Logo